No Myth-busting required! We all know for a fact that topical application of anything you put on your skin can definitely enter your bloodstream. Everything you put on excessively and frequently eventually penetrates and circulates through your body and may bring you harm.
|Not convinced? Think of Nicotine Patches used by people who are trying to give up smoking, or a Transdermal Patch placed on the skin to deliver specific dosage of medicine through your skin. Both of these things are samples of how topical application on your skin can penetrate and flow through our bloodstream.|
By now, I think I’ve already given you enough reason to believe that it’s definitely a fact. Therefore, it’s about time you scrutinize everything you apply on your skin to avoid harmful chemicals from entering your body. How? Zoom-in to the most ignored part of all skincare products just because it smells so nice or you’re idol uses it… the INGREDIENTS!
You might be thinking, “How do I even know what’s harmful or not?” Don’t worry! I’m here to help you out. Here are some cosmetic ingredients that you might want to avoid or reduce the use:
1. Sulfates – either sodium lauryl and sodium laureth sulfates in most cleansing products responsible for its foaming is known to slowly reduce skin moisture and protection.
2. Parabens – a chemical preservative that can be found in some moisturizers and shampoo. It is believed that excessive amounts of Parabens in your body could lead to cancer.
3. Formaldehyde – a colorless and flammable gas, it’s used as a preservative in products like makeups, lotions, and deodorants. Great amounts of exposure can lead to skin irritation.
4. Phenoxyethanol – acts as an anti-bacterial agent for cosmetics and stabilizer in perfumes. If absorbed through skin, it can harm the central nervous system and may irritate the skin.
5. Phthalates – used in cosmetics like nail polish, moisturizers, and detergents as a softener. It is known to be endocrine disruptors and may have an effect on hormones.
There are more of these chemicals than what I’ve mentioned, so make sure to take time to look at the ingredients and “Google” it before buying it. With the power of the internet within a hand’s reach, it shouldn’t take too much of your time to ensure what you buy is safe for your skin, or better yet…
GO NATURAL! With Natural Skincare Products, you can be sure that everything you put on your skin is toxin-free, earth-friendly, and safe for your body!
So save your skin now from all the harmful effects of Chemical-based Skincare Products. Make sure you choose Skincare Products that are 100% Pure, 100% Organic, and 100% Natural!